Rhino 405 - Structural Epoxy Gel
Rhino™ 405 - A Structural Epoxy Gel that is a highly versatile, 100% solids and provides a high build system. Its wide variety of uses on concrete substrate include structural restoration, patching, and adhesive repairs. The long working life of Rhino 405 is ideal for repairing large concrete floors, and restoration of deteriorated concrete structures. Rhino 405 applications are tack free within 8 – 10 hrs, and may be recoated with a variety of Rhino Epoxy products at that time.
Features and Applications
• Easy to use 2:1 by volume mixing
• High build (up to 1" on vertical surfaces)
• Adhesive “tack coat” for saturated carbon or e-glass laminates
• Long working time of >60 minutes
• Easy to mix, moisture tolerant, excellent chemical resistance, and 100% solids for the widest variety of concrete substrate repair applications
• Patching “bug holes” and cracks on large floor areas or other concrete structures
• Concrete spall repair
• Gap filler, may be used like “Bondo”
|Coverage Rate||Varies, and range from 10 mils to 500 mils|
|Solids by Volume||100%|
|Mixed Viscosity||Highly thixotropic paste for vertical use|
|Working Time||60-90 minutes|
|Tack Free Time||8-10 hrs|
|Walk-on Time||16-24 hrs after application|
|Cure Time (return to service)||24-36 hrs|
How To Apply / Tips
Mixed material should be applied by trowel, squeegee or putty knife, and feathered at the edges to blend with existing sound concrete substrates.
Temperature and humidity conditions affect the cure and tack free times of this material. Warm, dry conditions speed the cure and cool, damp conditions will lengthen the cure time. Each component should be stirred prior to mixing.