Industrial applications are highly specialized and specific consultation and training may be required to perform such applications. Rhino Linings does not provide confined space training and/or expertise in this area.
Product SDS and specific chemical properties should be evaluated before undertaking any application.
Featured Waterproofing Case Study
Commercial Kitchen Floor Coating
Project: Install a waterproof commercial kitchen floor coating
Customer: Commercial restaurant, Kanto region, Japan
A restaurant in Japan was being renovated which included the installation of a central drain system in the kitchen. The customer needed a waterproof coating for the kitchen floor and the concrete surrounding the new drain system to prevent water damage to the floor and to ensure that the new system operates efficiently.
Because this was a working restaurant where multiple renovations were simultaneously being performed, the installation of the floor coating needed to be complete in two days so the kitchen could return to service.
The applicator recommended using Rhino Extreme 11-50, a spray-applied, fast-set polyurea for the job. Because Rhino Extreme 11-50 has excellent tensile strength, elongation and tear abrasion resistance, it will stand up to the daily wear and tear of a commercial kitchen.
The concrete slab was prepared by removing laitance from the surface by water blasting and cleaning. Once the floor was clean and level, Primer 101 was applied using a roller and brush at 15 mils (0.4 mm). Rhino Extreme 11-50 was spray-applied at approximately 80 mils (2 mm) thick shortly thereafter.
Preparation of the 516 sq. ft. (48 m2) area and installation of Rhino Extreme™ 11-50 was completed in just two days, allowing other tradesmen and suppliers to begin and complete their work ahead of schedule.
Contact Rhino Linings Corporation to learn more or place an order for your next waterproofing project.
Waterproofing: Informational Resources
Product Data Sheets
Polyurethane and Polyurea
- Restaurant Floor - Waterproofing
- Air Handling Hoods - Waterproofing
- Wombat Enclosure - Waterproofing
- Train Roof - Waterproofing
- Toilet Block - Waterproofing
- Tiger Pens - Waterproofing
- Te Papa Museum - Waterproofing
- Roofing With Rhino - Waterproofing
- Roof Insulation - Waterproofing
- Roof - Waterproofing
- Residential Balcony - Waterproofing
- Lift Floor - Waterproofing
- Koala & Bird Pens - Waterproofing
- Garage Roof - Waterproofing
- Fishermans Table - Waterproofing
- Fisherman Table Deck Bearers - Waterproofing
- Deck Outside - Waterproofing
- Cricket Museum - Waterproofing
- Concrete Holding Tank - Waterproofing
- Box Gutter - Waterproofing